Saturday, November 3, 2012

Yummy foods for Fall Weather


It's getting cold and we have
Apples from Halloween.
What to do with them..













Apple
Rings



For the rings:
Ingredients:

1 large egg white
1 cup water

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

6 large apples, peeled

Canola oil for frying

Cinnamon and sugar

For the icing:

4 tablespoons butter, melted

1/3 cup sugar

1 tablespoon cinnamon

2 tablespoons milk

1 - 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Whisk egg white until foamy. Whisk in the water and vanilla. Next, whisk in the flour and salt.

2. Slice the apples into 1/2-inch thick slices. Using varying sized cutters, cut “rings” out of apple slices, discarding smallest circle containing core.

3. Heat oil to 375 degrees. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

4. Dip apple rings into batter and then place into the oil. Allow the apples to fry in small batches and turn frequently. Remove from the oil when golden brown and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

5. Transfer rings to a wire rack and place the wire rack on a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the rings turn crispy.

6. Drizzle the icing over the rings and serve warm. (To make the icing, simply combine all of the ingredients and stir until combined).

Then run 3 miles

















Posted by Yvonne @ La Petite Gallery
Comments are welcome

11 comments:

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

It looks and sounds so yummy, and relatively easy enough to make..but running 3 miles is not on my list as I can't run :-)

French Basketeer.com said...

these look delicious, and well worth a little extra exercise! Hope you are having a nice weekend after the storm~

Ima Weed said...

I just know I would eat too many and need a six, make that seven mile walk. Thanks for the recipe and the laugh.

DUTA said...

I like the combination:
delicious Food (apple rings) and Fun (two plump lady runners).

Yvette said...

Yvonne, where did you get that pix of me in my running gear??? HAHA!!!

I am definitely trying this recipe. It sounds delicious! Calories be damned!

Jeez, it's cold today. Perfect apple weather. :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YVONNE! This recipe looks so delicious! WOW...I have never had anything like this! HOW ARE YOU DEAREST?

Thank you for coming to visit me and aren't those photos wonderful? The horse with the girl, the man and his dog? Nature strikes me just right.

I hope you are well and enjoying a beautiful season! HUGS TO YOU! Anita

joanny said...

YUM

I tried it on my sons and they loved it... & so did I..

joanny

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh gosh...would rather share with a friend, eat fewer and then walk a mile or two...smile. they look *wonderful*!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear Yvonne! THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK FOR ANOTHER PEEK at my post! Oh those apple rings looks fabulous. I am so busy here doing my art and I am so happy, but I could use a break with some coffee or tea and one of these delicious treats!!

Have a splendid Friday, Anita

annechovie said...

Wow, I've never had those, but they look delicious! Hope you are staying healthy and warm, Yvonne. Sending you hugs!

Barbara said...

Those Apple rings look delicious.