Happy Valentine's Day
When I was in Florence I saw this painting above of Venus by Botticelli, I had a hard time walking away. A few years later I saw the painting
of Venus in Pompeii
The Myth about Cupid,
the Greek goddess of love and beauty
Born from the foam near the island of Cyprus.
(Venus) or Aphrodite was passionate
and a jealous goddess. She loved all the men in her life. There were times
her possiveness went too far. Aphrodite's son Cupid
(who is also known as Eros) fell in love with a human. Aphrodite did
all in her power to thwart the marriage to Psyche.
Cupid was a wonderful lover and husband to Psyche.
The weird thing was he made sure Psyche never saw what he looked like.
She was forbidden to see him. Psyche didn't mind. Cupid, being a GOD
and gorgeous, did not want his wife to see his body form. You guessed it,
curiosity killed the cat. One night while Cupid was asleep, she took a candle
to see him. As she gazed in awe of his beauty, the candle dripped on him.
Awakened, and furious, the Angel, God flew away. Psyche went to Cupids Mother
and begged for help. She was told to go to Proserpine, wife of Pluto
and get a beauty cream. When she opened the box she fell into a deadly sleep.
Cupid found her,
put the sleep back in the box ( remember this is a myth)
He flew off into the sunset.
Happy Valentines Day, Friday - Feburary 14th 2014
Lesson learned, if you love them trust them.
Posted by Yvonne @ La Petite Gallery Comments are welcome
Sunday, January 26, 2014
the Camden Snow Bowl’s
will Start FEB. 7 to FEB. 9th
For more information about competing in and
- attending the 2014 U.S. National Toboggan Championships,
- visit www.camdensnowbowl.com or call 207-236-3438.
- There are people from all over the United states and some from
- Europe that join in the fun.
- Let's go to the Snowbowl
- and watch the skiers come
- down the slope.The problem now is I have to climb those steps to the top floor.Once I get there I can have some hot chocolate and sit by the fireplace.Sure hope they put in a nice cafe on the groundfloor. My goodnesswhat a lonely place to take a friend for lunch.The kids are so cute to watch.If I were young I'd open it.ad
- February 7-9, 2014
This was last Year, and we are sure to go this Feb.7 it's a Friday and Renee
has that day off. She also has a birthday coming up in Feb.
I am taking her somewhere wonderful. Well, signing off for now.
Have a great day. yvonne
Posted by Yvonne @ La Petite Gallery
Comments are welcome