Saturday, November 17, 2012

what to bring to Thanksgiving Dinner

What's for Dinner???

















Ingredients: Bring a loaf of Pumpkin Bread

  • 2 cups canned pumpkin
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions:

Heat oven to 350. in a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Beat until well mixed. Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves into a separate bowl and stir until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth. Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and dust with flour. Evenly divide the batter between the two pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pans by inverting onto a rack and tapping the bottoms. Slice and serve plain, buttered, or with cream cheese.








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hot Lemon Curd Sauce
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour.
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoons butter, cut up into small pieces
  • 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  •  Now I didn't use a double boiler I made Renee just stir constantly
  • and Believe me she did a wonderful job. It is best on hot Gingerbread
    or cheesecake, I love lemons. I am bringing two other dishes, This I make in advance.















    Posted by Yvonne @ La Petite Gallery
    Renee and I wish you all a wonderful Holiday Season
    Comments are welcome

    12 comments:

    Tara Dillard said...

    You are so bad to post this.

    Me too. Love lemons.

    Vinegar......

    Limes..

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    DUTA said...

    It seems pumpkin is a favorite of yours. Judging by your pictures,pumpkin bread and lemon curd are delicious.

    Nella said...

    Dear Yvonne, I love lemon curd too, and make it often...I like to use it swirled through fresh whipped cream on top of fresh berries, served with sponge cake! I must try it with pumpkin bread...wishing you and Renee a Happy Thanksgiving from Canada, N.xo

    Dumbwit Tellher said...

    Yvonne, this recipe looks absolutely wonderful. Thank you, I am going to try this one. I read that the huge moving van arrives today. SO exciting!! I hope all goes very well and wishing you and lovely Renee a very happy Thanksgiving.

    xxx Deb

    Mitchell is Moving said...

    What time should we be expected?

    No need for turkey or anything else!

    ~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

    This sounds and look so good!

    Happy Thanksgiving, Yvonne!

    Karen Albert said...

    Oh yum!! This sounds just too delish!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and Renee!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Giveaway from Scalamandre!

    Thistle Cove Farm said...

    It all looks perfect...perfectly wonderful!

    French Basketeer.com said...

    These look great and I'm going to print these for next year or later this winter!!! xxoo !

    Susan said...

    Lemon curd sauce sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, Yvonne!

    joanny said...

    Lovely! Happy Thanksgiving! I know it is a little past - however, I am thankful for my blog friends, and that means you ..

    joanny

    Barbara said...

    Not sure if I would like Pumpkin bread as I have never had it but I would love the Lemon curd.