Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Canadian LOTTO? almost

LOST OVER FIVE CENTURIES
KING OF ENGLAND   RICHARD III

















killed and buried in the field at the
Battle of Bosworth 1485 (war of the Roses)
The end of the middle Ages.
Where the old GreyFriers was that is now a
Parking lot. 
That was some  big Parking Ticket! Haha



















The Red rose /Tudor
White rose / Richard III
The War of the Roses























Richard was the King
who imprisoned his brother's
two sons in the Tower.
















He lost the Bosworth battle
to King Henry VII
Earl of Richmond -House of Tudor
Who Married Richard's sister
Elizabeth of York.



Richard died at 32 in the field of Leicester he was 5' and
had scoliosis ( a twisted spine). His guardian as a child
was Earl of Warwick . Wicked wicked Warwick.
King Edward IV was 6'4 a giant compared to Richard.

































Can you believe there are 2 living descendant's to
Richard the Third,  last King of the house of york.
Michael Ibsen  of Canada 55 yrs. and  his
Mother.
In 2005, a historian, Dr John  Hill,
after years of painstaking research,
had telephoned  Canada, and found Michael's Mom 
an English born Journalist. Who moved to Canada in her 20's.
His Mother was told that she was the 16th generation
Niece of Richard The Third.
A direct female descendant of his Sister "Anne of York"



















That's a heck of a place to rebuild..








Posted by Yvonne @ La Petite Gallery
Comments are welcome


12 comments:

Yvette said...

Enjoyed your post, Yvonne. We're turning into Richard III bloggers. I posted about him too, as you know. I love history. :)

Ima Weed said...

They were saying on the radio a few days ago that the new Netflix production House of Cards was done in the way Shakespeare did Richard III, with the lead character speaking to the audience. Then I hear the remains found have been declared those of Richard III. Synchronicity ! And House of Cards has been a good watch. Good to have you stop by.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Isn't it amazing that they found him ...... did you know that the words CAR PARK were painted on the floor at the entrance to the car park and he was found under a letter R for Richard !! How spooky was that !!
Thanks so much for always commenting and being such a supportive blogging friend Yvonne. I've not been very good at commenting lately.....I've been busy sorting my blog out but I should be back to normal soon.
Love to you and Renée. XXXX

Sue H said...

As I commented over at Yvette's blog - there's a possibility that the bones of two children discovered in the White Tower (Tower of London) during renovations in the 1600's, may be DNA tested to see if they were in fact Richard III's nephews!

I've been to Bosworth Field and there is an uncanny melancholy about the place - even on a bright and sunny day. Being only 20 miles from where I live, we studied the War of the Roses in depth at school, especially with the close proximity of the final outcome!

I find it all really fascinating - especially that forensic science may prove some of the 'conjecture' to be founded in fact!

SueH I refuse to go quietly!

Twitter - @Librarymaid

Sue H said...

Hi, again, Yvonne! I'm following your blog (and you made it onto my blog roll!) - I had a feeling there was something 'special' about your blog: didn't realise you lived in Maine!

When I was a young girl starting at Secondary School(11-18) I remembered one of our first Geography projects was about the state of Maine. At the time I remember saying to someone, I'd love to visit there one day. Well, that wish came true a couple of years ago when I visited my cousin and his wife in New Hampshire and we spent a weekend in Maine travelling along the coast past Kennebunkport and on up to Cape Elizabeth.

Am hoping to repeat the experience this year in September!


Small world, eh?

(btw - if you like English history, you might be interested to know I live in Warwickshire - 21 miles from Warwick Castle and 28 from Stratford-upon-Avon. You might like to check here !)

Jennifer Beaudet said...

Great post Yvonne! I saw that they had found his remains but hadn't learned that much about him.
ps- I took the verification off my blog:) I'll just deal with the spam.
Have a great rest of your week!
Jennifer

Mitchell is Moving said...

I've been following the Richard III story with fascination. Really amazing. And now the fight over which city claims the bones... Ridiculous.

I love your statistics on the lottery. I guess I won't bother buying a ticket!

Ima Weed said...

The blizzard is coming ! I hope you are well prepared and I hope you will stay safe.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Well, heck. I was pretty excited until I read about my odds. That's a real downer!

Ima Weed said...

What are you doing to fritter away the time during your 'snow-in'? Looking forward to your next post.

DUTA said...

The skull in the picture makes one shiver.
Hopefully, Nemo (the snow storm) will be less cruel than Richard the third.
Be well and safe!

Francine Gardner said...

This is fascinating! i love history... you must be cosy in Maine, hope your get the snow shoveled , it is quite usefull to be able to open the door!