Tuesday, February 12, 2013

what's going on in my neighborhood.





I can say for sure,
I have had enough
Snow this year.













































Camden — While the rest of the Northeast dug out from the
feet of snow that fell Friday and Saturday, Feb. 8-9,
hundreds of others simply soaked up the new winter landscape
and slid down an icy 400-foot wooden chute onto Hosmer Pond. 















































Here's an idea of what's going on, why don't you plan a trip to Camden and the Midcoast area next year.

 UPDATED! SUNDAY, FEB. 10, 2013
7 – 11 amToboggan Team Registration, sled Inspection
7:30 am - 5pmBus shuttle from downtown Camden ($8 limited on-site parking – get here early, not guaranteed)
8 – 10 am***Qualifying runs for 2-person and 3-person teams.
9 am – 4 pmSnow Bowl open for skiing, snowboarding and tubing
Mechanical Bull Rides at the Base Lodge (2 for $5)
10 am***Qualifying runs for experimental and 4-person teams
Noon***Break and Memorial Runs for Don Gross, Ken Bailey and Jeff Kuller
1 pm***FINALS
Best times for each division qualify.
25 top times make it into the finals in the 2-person and 3-person divisions; top 50 times
qualify for the finals in the 4-person division. For the experimental group, the top three
times qualify for the finals.
3 pm ***Awards ceremonies









Posted by Yvonne @ La Petite Gallery
 Comments are welcome

7 comments:

Ima Weed said...

Great Post !! Yes, I would do that 400 foot sled trip if I could be the passenger. I liked seeing some of the storm from this distance. Hope you are dug out and warm.

Mitchell is Moving said...

You didn't included the sunbathing festival on the calendar. Let me know when it's warm enough for THAT and I'll be there.

Great photos ... from a very safe distance.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

I'd love to have a go on the sled run Yvonne. We have just had another fall of snow but nothing like the amount that you have. We wouldn't know how to cope with that lot !!!!
Keep warm and take care if you go out in it !! XXXX

Peggy Jones said...

Well I am glad if you could not join in the fun at least you got to see it. We have never had snow like that, thank goodness. Stay safe and warm.
QMM

Thistle Cove Farm said...

wow, you sure do have a lot of snow. we're expecting more snow this week so I cleaned out the wood stove and am ready as I'll ever be.
I think.

Renée Finberg said...

i really should have gone to see the races.
i was right around the corner.

happy V-DAY
xx

joanny said...

Yvonne

I agree they should make the area accessible many people would benefit, & it is practical.

From my view the snow looks pristine & magically. I gave up skiing but love snow shoeing, and at times cross country..

I can't say how seeing your photo's that I miss living back east, here we rarely get snow & certainly not that much.

Happy Valentine's Day to you,,, much love all day & everyday..

joanny